Recommendations for estimating the number of pages for a site:
- 1+ splash pages, count extra splash pages separate from page count of standard site pages.
- 1 page per gallery image
- 1 page per product
- 1 page per job posting
- 1 page per press release
- 1 gallery index page per 6 – 12 thumbnails
- 1 index page per main topic
- 1 home page
- 1 page per main subtopic
- 1 hook/hallway page per site listing all site pages for search engine spidering support
- 1 doorway page per keyword and phrase (single pages designed to rank high on a word or phrase)
- 1 index page per set of subtopic pages
- Create comprehensive storyboard layout to generate page count estimate based on components and pages required.
|Page Type||# Pages|
|Affiliate Management Pages|
Standard Page Definition (limit content client receives per page for this estimate):
- Follows our pre-existing page templates, completely custom sites may incur higher costs per page.
- Body contains up to 6 unique images (minimal scan/edit/crop/compress 15 minutes each)
- 2 to 4 screens of text.
- Up to 10 hyperlinks
- Includes the building of the basic navigation systems built into each page. Creation of the graphical menu bar with image slicing and rollovers is rolled into the base price per page.
Time estimates account for setup, analysis, design, implementation, research, information gathering, customer queries, multiple iterations of design/layout, testing, etc. for each component and page.